PowSyBl Has Achieved the CII Best Practices Badge
LF Energy project, PowSyBl, is proud to announce they have achieved the CII Best Practices Badge! PowSyBl is an open source system dedicated to providing electrical grid models, simulation, and grid analysis. It helps in writing and providing software that could be used in analysis and power system simulation. It can create simulations and analysis of various networks, and perform power flow simulations.
The Linux Foundation Core Infrastructure Initiative (CII) Best Practices badge is a way for Free/Libre and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects to show that they follow best practices (credit: https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en). These best practices are based on practices of well-run OSS projects, increase the likelihood of better quality and security, and can be applied to any OSS project.
The best practices focus on multiple areas of Open Source Software Projects:
- Change control, for example: does the project have a Public version-control source repository?
- Reporting, for example: does the project have a bug-reporting process?
- Quality, for example: does the project have an automated test suite?
- Security, for example: does the project use basic good cryptographic practices?
- Analysis, for example: does the project use code analysis?
For more detailed information on PowSyBl’s CII Best Practices Badge, please visit: https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/projects?q=POWSYBL